CSS Exam Pakistan
CSS Exam stands for Central Superior Service Exam. CSS Exam is conducted by Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad for the recruitment of candidates to posts (BS-17) in the following services under the Federal Government.
- Commerce and Trade Services
- Customs and Excise Services
- District Management Group
- Foreign Service of Pakistan
- Income Tax Group
- Information Group
- Military Lands and Cantonments Groups
- Office Management Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Postal Services Group
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
Parts of CSS Exam
- CSS Exam consists of the following four parts:
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
Applicant must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for appearing in CSS Exam.
The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan or permanent resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The applicant must have a Bachelor Degree with at least 2nd division from a university of Pakistan or equivalent qualification from foreign university recognized by HEC.
- A candidate having 3rd Division in his or her Bachelor degree can only apply for the exam if he or she has secured Higher Division in the Master Degree.
- The age limit for candidate applying for CSS Exam is 21 to 30 years.
- The age limit is relaxed by two years (making 32 years as maximum age) for candidates currently serving as government employee or belonging to recognized tribes and The criteria for age relaxation are given at the end of the page.
Places of CSS Exam:
Karachi. Lahore. Islamabad. Peshawar. Abbottabad. Bahawalpur, D. I. Khan. Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Gilgit. Gujranwala, Hyderabad. Khuzdar. Larkana, Multan. Muzaffarabad. Okara, Quetta. Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Sialkot, Skardu & Sukkur.
Places of Interview:
Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar and Quetta.
Dates of CSS Exam:
The important dates for CSS Exam 2018 are as follows:
- Application Submission Period: 1st October – 31st October. 2017
- Exam Date: 15th February 2018
- Date for determining eligibility (e.g. qualification & age): 31st December 2017
- Exam Fee: 2200/-
How to Apply for CSS Exam – Brief
- The advertisement of CSS Exam, reflecting dates, is published in all newspapers in September each year.
- Deposit the exam fee in the nearest Govt. Treasury /State Bank of Pakistan/National Bank of Pakistan under the account head “CO2101-Organs of State Exam fee (FPSC Receipt).
- Fill in the ‘Online Application Form’ on the official website of FPSC and take a print-out (hard-copy) of the same online form.
- Dispatch the hard copy of online form along with copies of your documents and bank receipt to the FPSC headquarter, Islamabad.
Basic things to know about CSS Exam:
- A candidate cannot appear in CSS exam more than three times.
- The age of the applicant for CSS exam calculated on the 31st December of the year of
- This means for applying for CSS 2018, your age on 31st December 2017 must not be more than 30 years or less than 21 years.
- Candidate has to appear in the four parts of CSS Exam e. written, medical, psychological
- Test and Viva-voce.
- Written exam has six compulsory paper and six optional papers (to be selected from the list).
- The minimum mark for qualifying compulsory paper is 40 %and for optional paper is 33%.
- The candidate qualifying the written test will be shortlisted for further parts medical, psychological test and Viva-voce.
- Candidate can apply for rechecking of his or her paper. Rechecking fee is Rs. 500 per
Age relaxation Criteria:
The age limit for CSS exam is 21 to 30 years. The age limit is relaxed by two years (i.e. 32 years) for the following candidates:
- Candidates currently serving as government employee and has remained in the same service for at least 2 years. This age relaxation will be accorded to candidate on the provision of Departmental Permission Certificate. Employees from Banks, WAPDA, Regulatory Authorities and Autonomous bodies are not entitled to age relaxation.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Buddhist Community subject to provision of issued by DCO/Politica I Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates belonging to recognized Tribes who are permanent residents of the areas -Baluchistan, Tribal Areas of D. I. Khan and Peshawar Divisions (including former Frontier States of Dir. Swat. Chitral and MTh. Former excluded (Baluch) area forming part of the Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur Districts, Former Tribal Areas of Mardan and Hazara Divisions. Upper Tanawal Area of Hazara Division. The student will have to provide certificate issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates belonging to Azad Kashmir Territory subject to provision of certificate issued by Kashmir Affairs Division; Gilgit- Baltistan including Gilgit. Diamir. Baltistan, Ghizar and Ghanche; subject to the provision of certificate issued by DCO/Political Agent/District Magistrate.
- Candidates who are disabled namely, physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired (deaf &dumb) and visually impaired (blind), subject to submission of certificate of disability issued by the competent authority designated for the purpose by the Federal/ Provincial Government.